Manteau Rouge feat. Peter Jacquemyn
• Manteau Rouge : Electronics
• Peter Jacquemyn : Double Bass
• Peter Jacquemyn moves easily between the visual arts and music. As a sculptor he assaults tree trunks with axe and chainsaw. His concerts are just as spectacular: with unbridled energy he lovingly wrestles his double bass.
It is a battle in which all means are fair: bows (1, 2 or 3), dented soda cans, plastic bags, crumpled paper, mutes, horns, retuned strings,...
All of this ranges Peter Jacquemyn among Belgium's most interesting improvisers with a very justified international reputation.
• Manteau Rouge develops an essential and primitive music, a music dedicated to the foundations of matter, an atomist music where the waves of analogue synthesis and the sonorities drawn from nature collide.
Influenced by the drone, trance, nature and pagan philosophies, the music of Manteau Rouge is alive and momentary. A Dionysian invitation.
• Instagram : @manteau_rouge
• Facebook : @manteaurouge